Anyone living in downtown Indy can tell you what the biggest perk is: the amazing food. From unique, upscale restaurants to tiny dives, Indy is a mecca for incredible food. Over the past five years, the food truck scene in Indy has also ramped up, creating a need for all of these food trucks to come together for a massive celebration with food, music, and tons of fun.
First Fridays are huge in Fountain Square and downtown Indy, and the food trucks have gotten in on the scene with the First Friday Food Truck Festivals (FFFTF’s) in the warmer months. This year marks the 6th year of this delicious festival, so if you haven’t attended yet, you have to check it out.
What is the First Friday Food Truck Festival?
The First Friday Food Truck Festival is a lineup of 25 to 30 food trucks in one convenient location. Have you heard of an interesting truck but never had the opportunity to try their food? FFFTF is a great way to do this!
The FFFTF has two remaining celebration dates on September 2nd and October 7th. The celebration runs from 5pm – 10pm and takes place outside of Old National Centre, off of Mass Ave. Tickets cost $5 per person for entry and children under 5 can attend for free.
While there is an entrance fee, this event is an awesome way to scope out new trucks, as well as eat from some of your favorites. It’s a great way for friends or families to hang out and eat great food, while ensuring everyone gets to try what they really want.
Learn More About the Food Trucks
Indy has over 50 amazing food trucks on the scene and the rotation varies from event. While the September lineup has not been finalized yet, here are a few of the delicious trucks you might get to sample from:
- Bacon Station – Does this one even need any explanation? From their mouth-watering BLTs to their bacon burgers, grilled cheeses, and hot dogs, it will be love at first bite.
- The Flying Cupcake & Dancing Donut – Who doesn’t love gourmet cupcakes and donuts in a variety of exciting and unexpected flavors?
- Totsie’s Taste of Soul – This is the ultimate destination for soul and comfort food favorites like chicken and waffles, pork chops, fried green tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and their famous gumbo.
- Johnson’s BBQ Shack – You need to try their amazing baby back ribs, brisket, sweet corn casserole, and pretty much everything else on the menu.
- Taste of the Caribbean – Take your taste buds on a wild adventure with Jamaican cuisine like jerk chicken and goat curry.
- Chef Dan’s – You have to stop here to sample some of Indy’s best southern comfort food, like catfish, meatloaf, chicken wings, and banana puddin’.
Will you be checking out one of the two remaining Food Truck Festivals this year?