If you live in Fountain Square or downtown Indy, chances are you’ve already found a few of your favorite local stores. From vintage clothing and records to homemade gifts and local chocolates, there’s a local shop that has everything you need. Here’s a quick breakdown of some of the area’s best local stores and what you’ll find there.
General & Homemade Gifts
- Silver in the City – this quirky gift shop has a plethora of unique home decor items, barware, cookware, homemade silver jewelry, and much more.
- Homespun: Modern Homemade – this shop carries only homemade gifts from a variety of local artists. Find clothing, purses, jewelry, makeup, toys, art, home decor, gourmet food and sauces, and much more here.
- Global Gifts – this fairtrade store sources homemade gifts from around the globe. You’ll have access to unique, original jewelry, home decor, ornaments, toys, knick knacks, scarves, and bags, as well as fairtrade coffee and teas.
- People for Urban Progress – this nifty shop and organization repurposes items to create new goods and also to improve our city. You’ll find some original clothing and other gift ideas here.
Music and Books
- Square Cat Vinyl – shopping for a music lover? You’re bound to find something interesting that they’ll love at Fountain Square’s newest record shop.
- Joyful Noise Record Store – this funky, independent record label operates a small record shop out of Fountain Square where you’ll find awesome vinyl and merchandise for the music afficianado in your life.
- Arthur’s Music Store – looking for instruments and other music gear? You’ll find the best items at affordable prices at Arthur’s in Fountain Square.
- Indy Reads Books – if it’s books you’re after, this local non for profit shop can help. Find new releases and used books galore, in every category imagined. Plus, all profit goes into funding Indy’s literacy programs.
- Hero House Comics – from new releases to classic favorites, you’ll find comics and geeky merch throughout this little shop.
- Vintage Vogue – shopping for a real trendsetter? This funky vintage boutique shop is bound to carry a piece every fashion lover wants.
- Nurture – shopping for a mom-to-be or toddler? Nurture offers some of the most adorable, eco-friendly, and locally made clothing and gifts for babies and kids.
- Boomerang Boutique – find awesome local clothing and individualized tee shirts for everyone on your shopping list. You’ll also find some great, Indy-themed apparel here.
- Mass Ave Toys – remember when toys didn’t require a screen and WiFi? This toy shop features educational and fun non-electronic toys that encourage creativity and fun.
- Mass Ave Knit Shop – get knotty at this awesome kit shop. Gift homemade creations, knitting supplies, gift cards, or even awesome classes (check out the Mass Ave or Fountain Square location).
Food and Coffee
- Calvin Fletcher’s Coffee Company – give the gift of coffee and locally made art and gifts from this not for profit coffee shop. Buy beans, ground coffee, or give a gift card to your caffeine-infused friends.
- Wildwood Market – this Fountain Square food mart has some great supplies from around town. Find local treats, coffees, teas, and other specialty items that make great gifts here.
- The Best Chocolate in Town – buying for a chocolate lover or someone who lives out of town? These delectable, housemade truffles in a huge variety of flavors make amazing gifts. You’ll also find other snacks, like chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter crunch. For true chocolate enthusiasts, consider buying a membership to their Chocolate of the Month Club!
- The Flying Cupcake – this local cupcake chain can be found on Mass Ave. Here you’ll find a variety of sweets to gift, as well as a cute assortment of baking gear and cupcake themed merchandise.
With all of the amazing and unique stores found throughout Fountain Square and downtown Indianapolis, you’re bound to find the perfect gift for everyone on your shopping list.
Мы все же справились с заболеванием благодаря этому препарау